Saturday, March 19, 2011

Finding 1950s Housewares At Queen Anne Antiques In Canton, CT.

Retro Kitchen Lovers Will Have A Fun Time At Queen Anne Antiques In Canton, CT

I have been out and about today checking out some of my favorite haunts for kitchen collectibles. Today I stopped into Queen Anne Antiques on Route 44 in Canton, CT.

Old New Age Versus New Old Age?

While this wonderful smaller shop carries a wide range of vintage kitchen stuff, I must say April seems to be shifting a little bit to a new age theme. She tells me that the shop's inventory varies according to what finds it's way into the store. Well when I visited Queen Anne Antiques today, it seemed like a lot of Guru goodies are landing on her lap!

Retro Housewares Are Kitschy Kool

But no need to fret...... April still has a very healthy section of vintage and retro housewares and kitchen-wares. I prefer 1950's housewares and textiles to OLD New Age such as candles, incense holders and elephants. So I was delighted to find plenty of Pyrex, enamelware and kitchen kitsch in stock. In fact if you are looking for Pyrex nesting bowls, you will find three sets of primary color bowls on hand.

Vintage Green Metal Utility Cart

My favorite funky 50's find was this neat retro green utility cart which is is shown above. You can see one of those Pyrex bowl sets sitting on the top shelf of the cart. Just seeing these housewares, brings me back to my mom's kitchen in Fresh Meadows, N.Y. I'm getting the urge for a Twinkie !

Visit
QUEEN ANN ANTIQUES Rear of 163 Albany Turnpike, Route 44, Canton, CT (860) 847-2094

C. Dianne Zweig
is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. I would love to find a cart like that! My mom's coffee pot sat on ours for years! ♥

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis