March 29th Episode Of American Pickers: "Alabama Bigfoot" and "Know When to Fold"
Simon Cowell of American Idol And The American Pickers
Judging American Pickers
Here is what I imagine Simon Cowell might say about The American Pickers Mike and Frank: "If I'm being totally honest ...the show is too PREDICTABLE....karaoke for Pickers...ordinary.... a couple of garden variety junk addicts who need to know when to fold".
Aside from one bright moment this week when the pickers discover a bizarre collection at the Alabama Museum of Wonder where everything--including a gigantic head from a Piggly Wiggly mascot--is for sale, the show's theme of old bikes, car parts and vintage signs continues business as usual.
Why Are So Many People Watching American Pickers on Monday Nights?
So why are so many people watching this show? Why am I watching The American Pickers show? I like the guys and so do lots of people (over 4 million). In fact the reality T.V. stars Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz are currently filming a second season. So what's up with this show ? Why are we hooked. Perhaps we are all learning a few things. Here are some things I jotted down about what I have learned so far about the American Pickers.
What You Can Learn From The American Pickers on The History Channel
1. Go picking with a television crew so sellers will answer their door with enthusiasm.
2. When you find something that looks valuable.....sneak out of the barn, attic, basement and call several expects who just happen to be standing by for your call.
3. Always have major buyers (who are as crazy as you) ready to purchase the junk you just found.
4. Have a back up truck nearby to cart off the stuff that can't possibly fit into your van.
5. Keep several changes of clothes on hand so you can always look crisp and clean despite crawling around in cobwebs, dirt and rodent feces.
6. Bring along paramedics so that when you get bitten by a poisonous snake or stung by a killer bee you have adrenaline on hand.
7. Make sure you arrange for an open credit line so that you can stay in nice hotels, eat out and maintain your Mercedes truck.
8. Hold the Wall Street journal while you are away on your picking trip, so thieves don't break into your storage shed and steel your rusty bikes and old signs.
For More on American Pickers read:
C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro café.
To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link:
C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com
Dianne is a member of:
The American Society of Journalists and Authors
The Authors Guild, Inc.