Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Kitschy Collector's Idea Of Retro Cooking And Housekeeping

Are You A Retro Kitchen Collector Who Loves Vintage Housewares But Hates to Cook?

I am one of those baby boomers who loves to buy cookbooks, kitchen collectibles, kitchen decorating books but who is not a big fan of cooking (or housekeeping).

How Many Cookbooks Can One Non Cook Buy?

Why on earth do I own every single cookbook out there? And I keep buying more. I love the pictures and envy the gals and guys who can whip up a great dish.

What's a Great "Dish" ?


But my idea of a " great dish" is something totally different. I frankly get more excited about finding a box of Fiestaware than the goodies that some folks serve on the plates!

Loving Those Adorable Crocheted Potholders

And why do I adore vintage crocheted potholders when I hate using the oven. I am much happier hanging these adorable handmade collectibles on my kitchen wall than fooling around with burning hot pots.

Everything And The kitchen Sink

The sink however is a different story. I like the sink...because the sink is where I wash all the dusty and dirty vintage kitchenwares I acquire. The sink is my friend. And I confess, I will spend more time fussing over kitchen collectibles than washing supper dishes.

Too Busy Shopping For Kitchen Collectibles

And I also admit that I will spend more time polishing up an old collectible toaster than sprucing up my set of everyday pots. In fact, as many of you already know, those of us who are hooked
on collecting housewares really have no time for cooking and housework!

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.

To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link:
C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff

Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com

Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com

Dianne is a member of:
The American Society of Journalists and Authors
The Authors Guild, Inc.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I knew how to crochet! I would spend my days making bloomer pot holders. I wouldn't be happy until everybody had a set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree on the cooking and house work..enough already. I read so many of the blogs that extol the virtues ...I'm kind of thinking...I'm ready to try something new!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, have you been peeking in my windows? Because that REALLY sounded like you were describing ME!!
    :) It seems we are kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dianne, I'm definitely one of those who loves all of the vintage kitchen stuff, including cookbooks, but hates to cook! Love to eat though! Thanks for all the great eye candy. Your blog is always informative and FUN!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis