Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Going Antiquing in Your Pajamas: Staying Warm On An Antique Social Network

Build It And They Will Visit: The Birth Of The Largest Antique Social Network, I Antique Online.com

I'm freezing my toochas (tush) off (Yiddish for derriere), so I am going antiquing online today. And my favorite social network for hunting for antiques and collectibles is I Antique Online. Of course I would give a shout out about I Antique Online.... I built it!

Antiquing Online Is A Toasty Idea

And it was the perfect toy for me...a haven for going antiquing without leaving my house. I don't have to worry about putting on three layers of clothes, shlepping around in my torn Uggs( my dog thought they were a plush toy to nibble on) or finding two gloves that actually match to each other. Yes staying home in a nice warm home office and going antiquing is a dream come true.


Schmooze With Other Passionate Collectors Online


Now don't yet me wrong, I love going out shopping and strolling Antique Malls and charming Antique shops. I am also a big fan of finding "off the beaten path" sources for vintage and collectibles. BUT sometimes I just want to go antiquing in my pajamas and schmooze with other folks who are passionate about their collections.

I Antique Online Has 6000 Members Who Collect Online

And I Antique Online.com is the perfect place to hang out and chat with others who share the collecting gene. In fact I Antique Online is approaching 6000 members with 164 Collector Group Forums and over 38,000 photos posted. Wow...I created a monster of a site, along with Scott Liscomb who is the founder of I Antique Online.com and was smart enough to bring me aboard and offer me the co- pilot position.
We now co-own the site...a business partnership of two obsessed collectors.....a "marriage" (not really) made in junk heaven.

Have You Joined I Antique Online.com Yet?

What can I say, I Antique Online.com is truly the mother load for antiques and collectibles. Gotta go.......time to nurture my family on I Antique Online, the largest social network on antiques and collectibles.

Hope to see you there......put on a pot of tea, relax and go antiquing in your pajamas.

Photo courtesy of http://www.etsy.com/shop/kelleystreetvintage

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Authors Guild, Inc.

5 comments:

  1. This is the first I have heard of this.
    Makes me almost as excited as being first in line at a vintage toy sale.
    You know where I will be on any "snow day!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea for a cold winter morning ~ antiquing in my pj's! Happy Holidays Dianne!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis