Friday, November 30, 2012

Hopping Aboard The Retro Express To Stay Away From The Holiday Shoppers

Addicted To Blogging But It Will Cost You

Here is a curious observation. While everyone is out shopping for the holidays I am home writing about everyone shopping for the holidays. Now don't get me wrong I have done a fair share of shopping, but not  ""Mall" shopping. I am overwhelmed at this time of the year, preferring to shut down and climb aboard  the Retro express into yesteryear where I can  hide from the crowds, high prices and tumult of the season.

Addicted To Blogging At A Price


Back at my desk, I have blogged so many hours this month that I  actually had to buy more storage space from Google. By the way, I had no idea there was such a concept of renting storage space. Apparently  I used up my FREE blogging space.  Now I am beginning to get it, Google gets you addicted to blogging and gives you a free pass for the first few years and then you have to pay to have them store all your photos.

Paying To Live In Cyberspace 

Where on earth they store these photos, I have no idea. But it is quiet back in Cyberspace and I'll pay $2.50 a month to stay away from the holiday shoppers.

Please share with us your blogging experiences, are you "renting storage"?


C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

3 comments:

  1. It's funny that you should mention the photo storage subject because I just recently stumbled onto the same dilemma! Blogger is supposed to be FREE. I want to know how to avoid the extra cost. Can we delete older archived posts to regain space? I would much rather delete old posts than to pay the fee. Let me know your thoughts.

    Helene

    ReplyDelete
  2. diary.....

    The problem with deleting older posts is that when someone does a google search and comes up with an older entry, they will get a dead link. I hear that is not a good idea.

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upload smaller pictures to save storage space. I had to delete some old photos from a defunct blog to open up more space on the one I use most often. I too hate going back and finding blank spaces where photos are supposed to be, especially on my own blog. I don't really like deleting them.

    PS. I'd prefer to blog rather than shop the mall too.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis