Saturday, April 30, 2011

Choosing The Location Of Your Antique Booth In An Antique Mall: Be Unique And Easy To Remember

How To Choose An Antique Booth In An Antique Mall

The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, Connecticut is a dynamic place where change is always part of their business formula. As both a booth renter and shopper in this 22,000 square feet Antique Mall, I love showing up to Collinsville and discovering the latest improvement or newest dealer.

Change In An Antique Mall Is Good For Business


All this moving and shaking is good for business. It keeps the place from getting stagnant, stale, boring. My own booth has even moved from the back of the store to what could be considered the front. In either case, whether you say I was in the back corner or now the front corner, I had distinctive spots that people could easily remember where I was located. I wasn't buried or lost in any of the aisles.

Choose An Antique Booth Than Visitors Will Remember

This is an important concept for new dealers to keep in mind when you are renting a booth in an Antique Mall. Be sure that your placement will be located somewhere where a visitor will easily remember how to return to you when they visit again. You need not have the best spot, but you should have a unique spot. For example, easy booth spots to recall are those next to or near landmarks such as the "bathroom", "front desk", "book corner", "back door", "steps" etc.

I think you are catching on to what I am trying to explain in this post. Choose a well lighted space in a distinctive location that will help your customers return to you regularly.

C. Dianne Zweig
is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. So true and what I am doing seems to be exactly what Dianne Z. is telling us in this article. Though our Blue Hill's Antique Mall in Geronimo Texas is not as large I think I have key locations for my 3 separate booths; I am in the front corner, in the breakfast nook kitchen area, and have the spot by the stairs and restroom. Spread out is a bit difficult at times but well worth the effort and cost. Diane (Woopi Jane's Thangs)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis