Saturday, April 23, 2011

Add Some Red To Your Pink And Yellow Vintage Kitchen Displays In Your Antique Shop Or Home

Decorating Your Antique Booth With Pink And Yellow Kitchen Collectibles And A Touch Of RED

I have always adored pink and yellow vintage kitchen collectibles. But when you are decorating your home kitchen or organizing your antique booth with these sweet colors, you really do need to add a third color to your mix or your displays will become sleepy.

Pink And Yellow Vintage Kitchenwares

While I was re-doing my antique booth for Spring, I selected out my yellow and pink collectibles and began setting them down on the Hoosier cabinet I use for display. I just couldn't get the look I wanted. I always step away from my booth and look at it from a distance to see how the public will see my booth from the aisle.

Add A Touch of RED to Your Antique Booth Displays

This time, the pink and yellow vintage kitchen collectibles were simply getting lost. So I took a bold step and adding some additional kitchenwares that included RED and GREEN. Now, originally I did not want to add a primary colors because I was in a pastel mode. But drastic measures were called for and I really needed to wake up my display which was getting too soft and safe.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Society of Professional Journalists

2 comments:

ShareThis