Sunday, November 7, 2010

Red, Green, Yellow Kitchen-wares At Salmon Brook Antiques in Granby, Connecticut

Vintage Kitsch n Stuff

Thought you might like to see some wonderful kitchen collectibles I spotted a few days ago at Salmon Brook Antiques in Granby, Connecticut.

Red & Green Vintage Kitchen-wares

I just love the combination of red and green...it so reminds me of visiting both of my grandmothers when I was growing up. Yellow and red kitchen-wares are another favorite combination for me.

Dutch Themed Kitchen Collectibles

And isn't the Dutch planter sweet as can be? What a lovely addition this planter would make in a Retro cottage kitchen.

In my book Hot Kitchen and Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s, you will find a section devoted to the history of Dutch style kitchen
collectibles as well as photos of planters, figurines, plates, textiles etc.

Red Ransburg Bread Box

The top photo shows a Ransburg bread box and single canister. While the canisters are easy to find....this style bread box is not that easy to find. The exterior is in very good shape, while the interior was a bit rough. But the piece is just great. RED always a very popular color and sells well.

You will enjoy Salmon Brook Antiques in Granby. CT It is a group shop will lots of charming antiques and collectibles and a lovely manager named Sharon.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Authors Guild, Inc.

1 comment:

  1. love your blog Dianne
    I'm your neighbor in Stratford , Ct . ...... I go to Stratford Antiques ALL the time
    Please visit my blog > I just made a carrot art doll that might make you smile
    bye for now ! sandy

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis