Thursday, November 11, 2010

Collecting Everyday Vintage Kitchen And Pantry Advertising Collectibles

Vintage Kitchen Advertising Collectibles Featured At Kitsch n Stuff

My shop Kitsch n Stuff at the Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford is loaded with retro pantry items from the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s. I have such a good time finding vintage products that still have the labels intact and even may have the contents inside.

Cozy Red And Yellow Or Red & White Kitchen Advertising Collectibles

Retro Baking Powder Tins, Spice Tins, Pantry, Laundry, Cleaning etc.

And of course whenever I find red and white or red and yellow kitchen kitsch, you know it will be hard for me to turn it down. So right now in my shop you can find plenty of advertising tins, pantry collectibles, spice tins, baking soda tins, laundry detergent, soaps, cleansers etc. Spice tins are really in demand these days and the prices are climbing!

Kitsch n Stuff Is a Great Resource For Vintage Kitchen Advertising Collectibles

Kitsch n Stuff has everything to equip your retro kitchen with the best of The Colorful Eras of the 30s, 40s, 50s. Some of these original items are even featured in my book, "Hot Kitchen and Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s (now in its second edition).

Old kitchen products from the Mid-Century years are generally very reasonably priced so that this is really a great collecting hobby for limited budgets. People always ask me about my kitchen -wares collection, and the answer is that I built it one item at a time. You have to start somewhere.

Tips About Buying 1930s, 1940s & 1950s Pantry Products And Advertising Products

1, Consider having a theme such as "baking powder tins", "spice tins', "coffee tins".
2. Be ultra careful about cleaning jars that have paper labels, wipe with a damp cloth ever so carefully, avoiding the paper label.

3. Don't mess with the inside of the jar. If possible keep the contents intact (unless there is a science experiment going on or bugs".

4. 1930s collectibles will fetch more money than later decades. Gorgeous graphics and calligraphy increase the price on older paper label and tin collectibles .

5. While there are plenty of kitchen themed advertising items that can be found for reasonable, prices, it is best to get acquainted with the subject matter. Some items are in a class by themselves and are more competitive collectibles such as Campbells, Black Americana, Cream of Wheat, "Borden's Elsie The Cow" , "Jello". etc.

Resources


Advertising By Dawn E. Reno (Older book but a good primer)

Pop Culture Memorabilia by Ted Hake

Ted Hake Website

Country Joe's Stuff

Antique And Vintage Advertising Group

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Authors Guild, Inc.

3 comments:

  1. Yours is the kind of shop where I could easily spend ALL of my money!
    I absolutely LOVE the look of it.
    All of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I lived closer so that I could visit!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived closer too! I adore vintage kitchen collectibles. My kitchen cabinets are white and so those vintage primary colors of red, green and yellow look great in it. But my collection of vintage pantry products is miniscule. I could use your help!
    - Susan

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis