Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Creative, Affordable Store Displays Using "Tree Branches" And "Logs" For Jewelry, Eye Glasses And Hats

The Kitschy Collector Visits ODDZ, A Clothing Boutique in Westport, Connecticut For Hip Young Shoppers

Of course the Kitschy Collector would love a store named "ODDZ". So I wandered into this cool sounding clothing store in Westport, CT. only to discover it was for young hip people, not Retro baby boomers like me.

Tree Branch Displays

But what I did find was some groovy displays made out of tree branches. O.K., I may not be able to wear most of the clothing in the store, but I sure can take pictures of nifty displays to show my kitschy readers who adore funky ideas.

Creative, Affordable Store Displays

It seems that the owners of this shop on Main Street in Westport, Connecticut wanted to come up with some affordable ways to show off their accessories. So a "tree' motif was developed throughout the store. Branches, tree bark, logs and more are all used as store fixtures.

"Hanging Tree"

My favorite idea was adding nails to a large tree branch creating a "hanging tree" for sunglasses. Then there was the "hat tree" and "the jewelry log". It all made sense in this tree inspired boutique. But upon leaving the shop I spotted the " driftwood staircase railing" and I wondered if this was just a bit too much on the tree theme.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Authors Guild, Inc.

1 comment:

ShareThis