Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Finding Santa Snoring At The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT

Santa is Snug In His Bed At The Collinsville Antiques Company Of New Harford, CT

I was walking up and down the aisles at The Collinsville Antiques Company in New Hartford, CT and I heard snoring. Well to be perfectly honest, at first I just heard a NOISE and I wasn't quite sure what the noise was. But I have heard that noise before (every night) and I knew it was a noise I was familiar with.

A Santa Doll That Snores

But as I walked through this 20,000 square feet Antique emporium, the NOISE got louder and clearer. It was the sound of SNORING. But where was it coming from? Then I walked into one of the dealer's booth and lo and behold, a mechanized Santa doll, was sound asleep in his toy bed snoring. His chest actually moved up and down as he took a deep breath. I suppose this dealer thought having a snoring Santa was a cute idea. Well after awhile, another dealer did a big service to everyone and pulled the plug on Santa! Peace and quiet at last....one needs a certain degree of peace when out antiquing.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro café.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. Very good ideas for decorating the house for Christmas, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis