Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Playing House With Colorful Retro Children's Plastic Dishes

Vintage Toy Plastic Dishes From Worcester Ware: Baby Boomer's Delight

Plastic children's dishes from the colorful eras of the 1950s-60s still make the little girl in all of  us want to play house. I spotted this set online with dish rack and all. Isn't this sweet? I have the same set in my shop Kitsch n Stuff without the rack. I recently went to buy a burthday gift for my niece and new versions of these these of dishes are faar from the Dimestore prices they once were. Look how the seller, Retro Revival paired the dishes with a vintage tablecloth.
 
C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these little cuties! I remember when my daughter was little and how hard I tried to find little dishes for her to play with. First I tried to get my hands on some Raggedy Ann Ohio art tin dishes like I had when I was a kid...no luck. Then I tried to find mini Fiesta Ware dishes to match the set that we use...no luck (I say no luck because I wanted them cheap!). We finally pieced together a "set" of melmac aqua, pink, yellow and green at various thrift shops & antique malls. They were perfect for a pre-schooler and I didn't have to be paranoid about her breaking them because those babies can take a beating!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis