Friday, March 27, 2015

Storing Art Studio Paint Brushes in Vintage Pottery Vases

Using Vintage Pottery As Storage Containers For Art Studio Paint Brushes 

I like to use either vintage pottery vases or handmade studio pottery as containers in my Mixed Media art studio. Other artists may use empty glass jars or old coffee tins. Some artists seem to pay attention to the overall look of their studio, while others could care less and focus only on their work. I guess I fall into the category of wanting to "stage" even the supplies and storage containers I use.

Buying Vintage Vases In Junk Stores

My favorite place to shop for "stuff" for my art studio is in junk shops or at flea markets. I usually spend under ten dollars for most of my pottery or ceramic vases. I picked up the vase shown because I adored the design pattern which mimics my own artwork which is inspired by Mid Century design.

BTW, the white sculptural head shown as well, also came from a junk shop!

Photo taken by C. Dianne Zweig


C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. Like you I tend to gravitate towards Beauty for the sake of it and therefore my storage items might as well be Found Treasures that please the Eye while fulfilling their task of keeping supplies organized. The layering of Beauty upon Beauty is Delightful to behold after all... so why settle for ugliness even in functionality? *winks* Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis