Saturday, September 8, 2012

Kitsch n Stuff A Great Source For Retro Housewares And Kitchen Collectibles At Collinsville Antiques Company Of New Hartford, CT

Retro Housewares

Do you love vintage housewares and kitschy kitchen collectibles ? I'm hooked on this retro stuff.  I have said it before, I can spend an entire afternoon washing vintage dishes, utensils and kitchenwares and yet leave a sink filled with my own family dishes left for sometime later. The thrill of the hunt is always followed by a desire to carefully unpack my treasures and then soak them in soapy water until they are nice and clean!

Kitsch n Stuff Gallery


Here is a glimpse of  some of my goodies at  Kitsch n Stuff



C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro café. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

3 comments:

  1. ***Swoon! I love EVERY. Single. thing! great booth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh when you told of your dish washing preferences. I thought I was the only one who felt like that and acted like that. Last week, I went into one of the dirtiest houses ever and bought a number of pieces destined for the sink. I couldn't wait to get home and clean them up. The ironic piece is that I always have disliked washing dishes except when I am washing new finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Washing retro dishes is so so so in a different league than regular perfunctory dish washing! My husband is in awe of my sudden interest in soap and suds when I've happened upon a dirt encrusted treasure that needs cleaning! It's the best! :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis