Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Joy Of Junking: Antiquing Is The Great Escape

When Crazy Get's Too Crazy: You Can Always Count On A Mini-Antique Road Trip

Collectors On The Couch Series

I am sure I can speak for the great majority of fellow junksters that when we are out "antiquing", we are completely at rest.

Is there any better solution to the hustle and bustle of everyday life than to go on a little junking excursion? When the "crazy" gets too "crazy", I can count on a mini-antique road trip to sooth the nerves.

Antiques And Collectibles Don't talk Back


The best part of coming home with a trunk filled with goodies is that they DON'T talk back to you in the car. They sit quietly in their musty bags or dusty boxes and wait patiently to arrive to your home where these vintage fellas will soon get a refreshing bath or comforting polishing.

No Kvetching, Whining, Teasing..Junking Joy.

Unlike family members who "kvetch" (whine), argue, fight, annoy, tease etc., collectibles mind their own business and thrive on nurturing and care. In fact, before I sat down at my computer to post this article, I unpacked my shopping spree from Tuesday.

As I unwrapped the retro glassware, refrigerator dishes and roosters that were packed into three boxes, I could sense that the "good feel" hormones were kicking in. Oh, yes, the joy of junking!.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Authors Guild, Inc.

2 comments:

  1. I totally AGREE!! It is very therapeutic to go junking! Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, true, true! The only distraction my vintage jewelry finds have ever managed is to sparkle a little too brightly...NOT A PROBLEM! great post!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis