Monday, December 8, 2014

"I'm Freaking!, I'm Freaking My Mom's Gone Antiquing"

Fabulous Christmas Holiday Displays At The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT    
I confess I was guilty of shlepping my kids when they were tots (and beyond) to way too many Antique stores and shows, Vintage shops and more. They were not happy campers when the destination was antique related.  They would protest by singing a line from "Sad Underwear" a Judith Viorst poetry book:   "I'm Freaking!, I'm Freaking My Mom's Gone Antiquing" 
 I'm not a big fan of bored kids trailing along mom and or dad in any store for too long, but i will make an exception this holiday season. YOU must bring your children and grandchildren to see the fabulous  holiday displays at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT 

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro café. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis