Thursday, July 5, 2012

Old Metal 1950s Utility Cart Great For Kitchens And Arts Studios

 Vintage Metal Utility Carts Practical For Kitchens and Art Studios


Once upon a time, an old metal 1950s  Utility cart might be seen as too "grandma-ish" for the hip set. But now these retro treasures are finding their back into small apartments in New York City, dorm rooms and even art studios. Once selling for under $15.00 dollars or available through stamp catalogs back in the day, these practical carts are now easy to find for about $25.00-65.00 depending on where you live and in what condition they are found. I spotted this wonderful green cart at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford. It is in perfect condition and has a yellow one sitting right next to it. I bought the cream colored one a couple of months ago from the same dealer.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro café. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

5 comments:

  1. Mine is avocado green with chrome & I use it in the pantry to keep the microwave & baking supplies on. It was my Grampaw's & I have many memories of his house whenever I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the metal stuff especially carts! Thanks for your lovely posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once upon a time, an old metal 1950s Utility cart might be seen as too "grandma-ish
    cleaning wipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of these in mustard. But the top has handles and lifts off to be used as a tray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of these in mustard. But the top has handles and lifts off to be used as a tray.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis