Monday, March 19, 2012

1970s Collectibles Featured At Memory Too Antiques, Coventry, CT

Lots of Funky 70s Stuff At Memory Too Antiques

I love visiting a shop I have been too a dozen times or more and finding new dealers. That was the case yesterday when I ventured out to Coventry, Ct. to one of my favorite group shops, "Memory Too Antiques".  As a frequent  visitor to this shop, I know the aisles quite well. And I have a sense of comfort when I visit my favorite kitchen collector vendors. But yesterday...I had a big surprise, a new dealer who sells 1960s and 1970s STUFF Of so much fun to be had.  You couldn't miss this booth, the colors were popping out all over the place, especially ORANGE, Navy and Brown. The 1970s had colors that were slightly toned down from the Flower Power generation. Geometrics, abstracts, and bold colors were still present.


C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard for me to grasp that things from the 1970's (When I was growing up) are now vintage!! I guess I'm getting old. My grandmother used to laugh about my collecting depression glass saying it was just old junky glass they used for every day. Now my niece is pulling out all my old Pyrex and coveting it! Life comes full circle, doesn't it?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis