Do you save the winter time to organize your clutter? If the answer is is not exactly "yes", then we are in the same club. I tell myself in the warmer months that I'll have plenty of indoor time during the winter months to straighten out
Are You In The Mood To Visit Your Basement ?
Every now and then, I actually venture down to my basement and take a looky around and think.....I'm not in the mood today, maybe next week. And as you might imagine, weeks creep by and I'm back to Spring time and the last thing I want to do is stay indoors and clean out my basement when the weather is warm and the birds are chirping.
Common Excuses We Use To Save Old Or Outdated Vintage Stuff
1. You never know when you might need birthday plates with fire engines on them.
2. Graduation paper cups.....2011 can become 2014 or 2021very easily.
4. In case your GPS fails you can choose one of the 768 tattered and torn maps you are saving.
5. They may call a Retro day at the beach this summer and your boom box radio will be fabulous!
6. It might be fun to have a Halloween picnic this summer and set the table with black and orange plastic forks and knives from a 1982 Halloween fest.
7. You can re-gift all the coffee mugs that your kids gave you that say Happy 40th, 50th, 60th etc. birthday. You can give them back to your kids!
8. Harvesting old jigsaw puzzle down in the basement is not such a bad idea... you may one day find the missing pieces in your kitchen drawer,
READERS, please add to this list!!!!!!!!!!
Airplane and puzzle photos are courtesy of House of Young http://houseofyoung.bigcartel.com/products
Elephant image courtesy of Chock-A-Block on Etsy.com http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChockaBlock?ref=l2-shopheader-name
C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro café. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at email@example.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists