Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Recovering From Thanksgiving: Post Holiday Confessions


Post Thanksgiving Secrets 

I'm happy to report that I am almost completely recovered from Thanksgiving. I celebrated my post Thanksgiving holiday by doing very little of everything. That would include:

1. staying out of any grocery stores.
2. not cooking anything more sophiticated than scambled eggs.
3. avoiding any foods that reminded me of Turkey...that would include anything from the poultry family or light in color.
4. closing the door to the laundry room for days.
5. not tidying up unless it was critical.

I'm happy to report I am totally over it.....I just defrosted a breast of turkey I bought as back up in case I needed more turkey on the big day.  I never made it...but it's defrosting as we speak.

Readers, please share with us your Post holiday experiences.

Vintage image from the collection at http://gogd.tjs-labs.com/gallery-view?year=1954

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis