Sunday, March 30, 2014

Antique Therapy: Shopping at The Stratford Antique Center, Stratford, CT

Do You Feel Better When You Are Out Antiquing?  
 
We have all heard of retail therapy when you feel better shopping. I feel better antiquing. Don't get me wrong, I can always use a whopper dose of shopping, but for me the best medicine is not found  in a clothing store but in a junk shop or outrageoulsy large and stuffed antique center with 100-200 dealers.

Multi-Dealer Antique Centers

Multi-dealer Antique Malls are heaven for me. When I step into the door of these antique palaces, I get lost in my hunt and all the crazy preoccupations I had before entering this zone seem to melt away. My thoughts shift to looking for Mid-Century pottery or another attractive set of 1950s kitchen canisters or a colorful tablecloth without stains.

Visiting The Stratford Antique Center, Stratford, CT 

One of my primary mood boosting, cure all maladies and escape from crazy life type of places to visit and enjoy is The Stratford Antique Center in Stratford, CT.  This 16,500 square ft. building with approximately 200 dealers according to their website is AMAZING.

If you are in need of some serious antique therapy, let me suggest that you plan a trip to this popular Multi-Dealer Antique Center located off I-95 in Stratford, CT.  

More Multi-Deale Antique Centers in Connecticut

Other great LARGE Multi-Dealer centers to visit in Connecticut are The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT  and Antiques On The Farmington in Collinsville, CT

Readers, if you can suggest other great places to visit in Connecticut for some great antique retail therapy, please be sure to leave a comment. 

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro café. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis