Sunday, September 22, 2013

Teacup Art Assemblage Using Vintage Black And White Buttons


Anna Murfin: Artist And Potter Creates Teacup Made Out of Vintage Buttons

This post will be a quickie one. I wanted to share with you a friend's latest creation, a teacup made out of vintage black and white buttons. I can not imagine how Anna Murfin a very creative and magical Connecticut potter and artist was able to assemble these tiny buttons and have them form a tea cup but  if anyone can do it ....Anna can!
Anna recently participated in The Artist In Residence program at The Farmington Valley Art's Center in Avon, CT.
 

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. This is very inspiring. I love tea and I love vintage (wrote a fictional 40s swing novel girlinthejitterbugdress.com). And this is right up my alley. I sew vintage too, and have tons of old buttons. Thank you for this wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis