Saturday, May 14, 2011

Social Networking For Antique Dealers

Are You A Clueless Computer Person Who Loves to Antique?

On a recent visit to Brimfield, the super star of all open air Flea Markets, I polled numerous antique dealers about their computer habits. Believe it or not, a very large amount of people I talked with said they felt they were really behind the times when it came to being computer savvy. Antique dealers come in all varieties but many dealers who grew up in the 40s or 50s are not rushing to get into social media circles. They prefer sitting in front of their tents selling their antiques and collectibles the old fashioned way. If only they knew what they might be missing.

I Antique Online.com Is The Facebook of The Antique World


In fact many older antique dealers told me that they needed to recruit adult children or grandchildren to help them launch an online store or to keep up with an antique website. They all said they needed a lot of computer support to get by. When I invited many of these antique dealers who were selling at Brimfield to join I Antique Online.com, (The Facebook of the antique world), they retreated and seemed too nervous to hear more.

Social Networking Is A Piece Of Cake

But here is the scoop....you need not be computer savvy to use I Antique Online.com. You don't even need a grandchild to help you get started on I Antique Online.com Signing up to the largest social network on antiques and collectibles is a piece of cake. You can do it! I did it and I am about as computer clueless as they come.

Antiques And Chocolate

If you are an antique dealer you will LOVE social networking. Trust me....antiquing on I Antique Online.com is as much fun as sneaking into the kitchen at midnight for a piece of chocolate!

Photos courtesy of Queen Anne Antiques, Cannton, CT

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

ShareThis