Thursday, October 28, 2010

Add Some Excitement To Your Fall Decor: Mix In Some Turquoise With Your Orange Kitchen Collectibles

Orange Goes Great With Turquoise Or Aqua Collectibles
It's always lovely to see Antique shops decorated for the Fall season featuring all their orange, brown, green, yellow collectibles. Everyone gets in the Fall fling by adding a few pumpkins here and there and dressing up their presentations with gourds and leaves.

Add a Splash Of Turquoise

But sometimes all these "harvest colors" get a little B O R I N G ! So here is what I did in my shop "Kitsch n Stuff" , I shook up the orange groove with a jolt of TURQUOISE or AQUA. The whole thing happened by accident. I was in a re-design frenzy and when I had no place to to put the turquoise pottery planter, it landed with my orange kitchen-wares for a few moments. And then I stepped back and liked the combination. Orange and turquoise are great together......mix it up....add some excitement to your Fall decor!

P.S. Would you call the pottery turquoise or aqua?

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Authors Guild, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis