Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Vintage Red Metal Candy Cabinets Are Great For Displays:"Everybody Loves Candy"

Bright Red Vintage Metal Candy Racks Featured At The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, Connecticut

One way to bring a charming vintage look into your store or home is to use an older metal display rack as a decorative piece. Recently, I spotted two wonderful matching bright red candy racks at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford. On the top of the rack the sign reads : "Everybody Loves Candy"

As I turned the corner from where my booth is located, I practically ran into these marvelous Colorful Era displays. Probably from an old Luncheonette, old Drugstore or Candy Store, these red beauties are the cats meow!

Everybody Likes Candy

At first the racks were tagged and for sale. But when I returned a few days later, Cindy (co-owner) adopted one for her Cruisin cafe to feature snack foods and Doug (husband and co-owner), adopted the other rack for the entry way of this 22,00 square feet Antique Mall to hold free pamphlets and info about antiquing.

I'm not totally sure these fab cabinets are still for sale...BUT I just betcha they are! .

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Authors Guild, Inc.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun these would be in a kitchen- or anywhere! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are terrific! After seeing this post and the last one.....I may have to see just how far you all are from Ohio and plan a weekend ride;)
    We have the Oh. Valley Ant. Mall that is as large as yours..it may be 10 thou larger, but they too have a wonderful cafe and a TV viewing Room for the Men...LOL you can stay all day and never hear a peep asking 'Are you ready to go yet?'
    I also wanted to remind you to stop over to my blog. I'm having a little giveaway and all you do is leave a comment to enter.
    brownginghamcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Boy....those are right up me alley. I have never sen anything like this, but wow....would I love to own one!!!!! I cannot wait to come to Connecticut and go shopping someday!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis