Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sassy Retro-Vintage Products Designed by Anne Taintor

Retro Lovers Adore Anne Taintor Sayings And Products

Have you all found Anne Taintor designs yet? She is the gal who created all those fun edgy magnets, calendars, note cards, barware, bags etc. with vintage images and sassy sayings.

A few years ago I had the pleasure of talking with graphic artist Suzy Massey (Phoenix Massey Studio) who designed the Anne Taintor website. Suzy told me how Anne Taintor, a 1977 Harvard graduate never imagined that her kitchen table hobby would become the successful business it is today. While Anne now resides in New Mexico and has passed on the day to day operations to others, The Anne Taintor Company is still a big hit among retro lovers.

How Anne Taintor Started

Anne began her business in 1985 as a single parent who wanted to work at home so she could spend more time with her daughter. She first started making collaged pins and magnets using vintage images and Anne's own clever captions.

A hit among her customers, Anne's business grew and grew and each year more and more products were added to her inventory.


"I feel a sin coming on"

"We have nothing to fear but our mothers."

"I can't be good ALL the time"

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Authors Guild, Inc.

2 comments:

  1. I love her stuff! I have a magnet at work which is one of my favorites. Let's see if I can remember it. "Oh you must have me confused with the maid we don't have." Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have I been...lol...I'm not familiar with her designs? How great is her stuff!! Thanks for the intro.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis