Thursday, August 5, 2010

Decorating Retro Kitchen Shelves With Black And White Check Contact Paper

Creating A Retro Look With Black And White Checks

Want to create an instant retro look for your kitchen or shop?

Just cover your kitchen shelves
with black and white check Contact Paper and instantly you will have a retro hip kitchen.

Shopping The Five And Dimes

Growing up, I remember covering everything with Contact Paper. After all you could walk to the neighborhood Five and Dime and find Contact Paper in every color and pattern imaginable.
I still have bookcases in my basement from my college years covered in Contact Paper to look like "wood grain".

Using Black And White Contact Paper

But more fun than Faux wood decor is covering kitchen shelves with a black and white check design. The photos shown here are of an old 1950s metal kitchen cabinet that I use in my shop, Kitsch n Stuff for displaying kitchen collectibles.

1950s Metal Kitchen Cabinet

The metal shelves were covered in black and white Contact Paper which really has a wonderful funky retro appearance. I use this cabinet for 1950s as well as 1960s collectibles. Look how terrific orange and yellow looks with the black and white. To add a little diversion , I added some vintage pottery in Seafoam green which seems to work quite nice with my orange, black and white theme. By the way, I have also used this cabinet for my 1940s red and yellow housewares and they to look fab on black and white shelves.

Where to Buy Black And White Check Contact Paper

Amazon
Aubuchon Hardware
Buy Cheapr


C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Authors Guild, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis