Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Creative Savers Can Get Overwhelmed In Their Mixed Media Art Studios Which Can Be Packed With Artsy Treasures Waiting To Be Re-Purposed Or Used As Art Tools

Downsizing Your Art Studio



I'm about to "downsize" my art studio which has become packed with really fabulous STUFF but is starting to cramp my style. I just know that so many of you who are reading this post understand the mind of the creative saver. I can remember thinking about the concept of re-purposing useful items way before the phrase got catchy. Let's be honest, it is hard for some of us to simply let go of potential art and craft treasures. We look at the world differently that other people. I can fondly remember strolling through Provincetown and seeing broken ceramic tiles being used as the ground cover in a trendly grocery store. I picked up a handful of these very interesting tileswith textured backs to stamp or print with in my Mixed Media work. Who am I kidding. I know that after I thin our some of my collections of artsy treasures, I will just replace them with new ones!  Feel free to comment on this post and share our experiences.

Visit my art website  http://www.cdiannezweig.com/     

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

2 comments:

  1. I need a warehouse for all of my "good intentions" projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha... yep, my downsizing is always a Work in Progress... I'm just not the best Editor since everything I've accumulated is the Good Stuff Creatively speaking and of coarse purging it every now and again becomes a necessity lest it take on a Life of it's own before it's creator even creates something with it! *winks* Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis