Thursday, June 25, 2015

Exploring Contemporary Abstract Mixed Media Art: C. Dianne Zweig Artist, Connecticut Abstract Artist

What Is Abstract Mixed Media Art?

I remember pitching a book to a well known publisher a few years ago on the subject of making mixed media abstract art. The editor told me that the title couldn't contain the words
"mixed media" because that was a dead zone. I couldn't grasp that viewpoint since I was emersed in making mixed media art and all my friends were speaking the "mixed media language".

Mixed Media Art Is More Than Collage Art

Lo and behold, not too long after my introduction into the publishing maze I began to see an
explosion of titles released on just that subject matter....mixed media art. Many people think of the   mixed media boom as the result of the renewed popularity of scrapbooking and associate this form of art with collage art.

Visual Artists Use Mixed Media In Their Work All The Time

Visual artists however refer to mixed media in many forms of art making, not necessarily limited to collage. When you add pastel marks to an acrylic painting, you are using mixed media. The same is true when you are adding black ink to a water color painting.

The Art of Connecticut Artist C. Dianne Zweig


I describe my work as mixed media abstract art. I use all types of products, materials and surfaces when making art. I switch back and forth from creating a piece that is primarily painted with acrylics (painting) on a sheet of heavy watercolor color paper to painting on drawing paper and then tearing the paper to form a new piece of work (collage).  In both forms I will introduce other media (products) such as crayons, pastels, inks and processes such as printimaking, rubbings, resistance etc.
     
 To see more of my artwork view my website http://www.cdiannezweig.com/


C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis