Thursday, March 26, 2015
What You Need To Know When Buying Older Metal Kitchen Canisters
When you buy and sell kitchen collectibles for a long time you get smarter and smarter about the purchases that you make. Here are some tips about metal buying kitchen canisters.
1. Almost all sets have four containers.
2. Check metal canisters for dings and dents.
3.Take the lid off the canisters and look inside for rust.
4. Look at the colors and designs on the canisters, checking for brightness, fading, peeling.
5. Be sure you have a real set of matching canisters with the same background color etc.
6. Make sure the lids of the canisters really fit.
C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro café. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at email@example.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists