Thursday, December 5, 2013

Mixed Media Colors: When You Just Can't "Own" The Palette


Painted Papers For Collage With Colors That Scream Help!

This post is for my Mixed Media followers who will know exactly what I am talking about when it comes to falling into just the right palette. Well let's say the last palette I fell into I just can't own. I  am trying to like it, but it doesn't work for me. Remember the Bravo T.V. show "Work of Art" ? One of the art critics, I think it was Jerry Saltz, would often say "it just doesn't work for me". Well that is how I feel about the colors on the papers I painted for my current series of collages. What do you think....are these colors working
for you?


C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. Yes, these colors are working for me, thanks for asking! Colors are such an emotional issue. As a kid, I disliked yellow and red together but now, I can at least appreciate that combination. Some of the paletter of the 50's has resonated with me more as an adult than as a child. I wonder why? Good topic to turn over in my head while driving...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis