Friday, December 9, 2011

Strolling Throught The Holiday Decorated Streets Of The South End Of Boston

Visiting The South End Of Boston During The Holidays

It was fun strolling through the holiday decorated streets of the South End of Boston (next to Boston's Back Bay district and close to Beacon Hill). The South End, lined with Victorian brick row or townhouses is known for great restaurants and cafes, artsy shops and galleries, boutiques and Jazz. The area reminds me of the West Village of New York with a diversity of cuisines and trendy residents.

I finally figured out how to take photos at night with my aging digital camera. So here are some lovely shots of my visit to the South End of Boston as I was on route to a wonderful cafe called The South End Buttery, an award winning local eatery known for casual fine dining.

Bizzare Bazaar

After attending the Bizzare Bazaar (Holiday Craft Show) at 539 Tremont Street on Sunday I was ready for a cup of Hot Chocolate and decided to take a walk to The South End Buttery
at 314 Shawmut Street (after a tip from a local business owner).

When I arrived to this charming corner bakery and cafe, it was almost time for dinner. The gals at the coffee bar/bakery
( front of the cafe) told us that we could stay for dinner which was starting at 5:30.

South End Buttery, Sound End Of Boston


So I nudged my party of three to skip the Hot Chocolate and head to the back bar area where dinner is served (as well in the lower level) . Our dinner was superb! I highly suggest a visit to The South End Buttery. It was a magical find in South End of Boston.


South End Buttery
(617) 482-1015
314 Shawmut Avenue Boston, MA 02118

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Society of Professional Journalists

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis